5.21.2011

The Jews Fought Back In the Ghettos?!??

    On our trip to the Holocaust Museum earlier this week, our tour guide had told us all about what had happened, and I eventually found out a few new things that I never knew occurred during the Holocaust. One of them was the fact that the Jews actually tried to fight back while they were staying in the ghettos. I never knew that and I was really surprised!
    After learning that, I started to think about what it would've been like if more and more of the Jewish people had actually fought back against the Nazis. Would there have been riots?? Do you think that if all the Jewish prisoners would've 'won' if they fought back? I made this connection to this unit in our World Wars class and with my American Studies class. We just finished our unit on the civil rights movement and how the minority was being discriminated terribly by the whites and they ended up using certaing tactics to fight back in order to get their freedom and rights.
     They used certain tactics, like using non-violence, in order to fight back without actually physically fighting back. Imagine what it would've been like if the Jews all got together in their ghettos and used tactics like that to fight back against the Nazis.
      Do you think they would've gotten some sympathy? Or do you think it would've just gotten much worse for them?...

2 comments:

  1. I think the Jews couldn't use non-violent tactics because if they tried they would be beaten and killed also unlike in the civil right era there wasn't cities where people were on the minorities side they were to afraid of the Nazis who controlled everything. And for violent protest it would have ended in death not just for those who protested but for a huge chunk of innocent people

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also surprised. I remember in the Pianist the jews had fought back. I was amazed at how they pushed the Germans out of the ghetto.

    ReplyDelete