I know it's been a few days since our last World Wars class at school, but I felt like blogging about it anyway. I don't think anyone will even read this, but if they do, cool. Just wanted to say a couple things, and they are:
Mr. McKenna--- THANK YOU!! This class was so much fun and I always looked forward to it. I'm glad I took this class because now I have a much better and clearer understanding of WW1 and WW2. Along with what Adie Flores said on her blog, I also recommend this class to everybody! It's awesome :) All of the videos and movies that we watched were probably my favorite part of the class, and also the trip to the Holocaust Museum. Remember the list of books and movies that you gave us if we were interested in checking them out?? Well, I started reading Night by Elie Wiesel a couple days ago and I'm more than halfway done! I also checked out The Pacific 'cause that was my favorite to watch in class, plus I just wanted to watch all da episodes :)
Mr. Chisolm---even though I didn't have you as a teacher (you subbed for Mr. McKenna once though...), I also just wanted to thank you as well. You and Mr. McKenna are really cool teachers and y'all always made class fun!
I'm definitely going to miss this class and all the memories that my small group and I made. (Sahaj!! :P , Beth Berg "The Icberg", Kevin, and Jose!) Thanks again Mr. McKenna & Mr. Chisolm!! Hope you both have a great summer :)
-Ariel Berumen
Thanks Ariel - I'm glad you really liked the class!! It was fun being with you all each day and I'm glad I was able to continue your interest in the wars. If you get a chance over the summer and are able to find it, the book The Hiding Place is phenomenal (it is actually an uplifting Holocaust book which you don't find much of). Let me know if you find any good reads!
ReplyDelete