When I learned about the Armenian genocide and the many things that sparked it, I couldn't help but feel extremely irritated by it. The fact that these poor Armenians were being prosecuted and assassinated because of their faith was just heart-breaking to hear. Not even that, but the ways that the Turks/Muslims would treat them was also sad. I mean, threatning to cut someone's tongue off for speaking their native language or taking away innocent children from their parents to basically "Muslim-ize" them was just bad and rude. I know this was the past and many people say not to worry so much on things that already happened, but I just don't understand how one could have the bitterness do that to others. I guess since I'm a Christian, it saddens me to hear about this. And not just this ongoing genocide, but others like the Holocaust as well.
For the Ottoman Turks to do this to the Armenians is wrong. I get it that they wanted to take control of their land and become a powerful country, but come on, you don't have to take the lives of others. Don't hate... appreciate!!
I completely agree. This entire genocide was just ridiculous. But how could genocide be justified at all. Well simply it can't. Genocide is a horrifying part of history and it happened. I agree though that none of this should ever happen and there is just no reason for it. But somethings are just that way.
ReplyDelete